I have learned over the past few years that if I do not have a goal that I am training for, exercise is not a priority in my life. When I was training for my half marathons and triathlons, exercise was a priority because I knew I would pay come race day if I didn't train. Well now that I don't have any races scheduled for this year, it means that I don't have the motivation to work out.
So, that being said, I am attempting a new program called P90X that consists of 12 DVDs that are a mix of cardio, yoga, and lifting. I'm hoping that since there is a set schedule to follow it will motivate me. There is also a nutrition program, but I'm not sure I'm dedicated enough to include that as well. We'll see how this all goes, and maybe I'll add the nutrition for my second go around.
I was also told in my MBA program that I am supposed to spend 15 minutes per day writing about any topic I want because it improves your writing skills. I'm thinking 15 minutes per week is a step in the right direction.
My thought is to do this "Biggest Loser" style, and post pictures each week showing my progress. Come on along for the ride, and maybe this will be motivation for other people struggling with motivation too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment